PDA

View Full Version : Another one sold within a day

ConorNZ
05-05-2012, 09:02 AM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3871388.htm

Looked like a nice clean example, only 2 owners and 50k miles for £18,950. Sold (subject to checking one minor possible issue) on Thursday night, after the ad was posted Wednesday. When I phoned the owner, there was already someone looking at it, and they're the ones who bought it.

Damn. A clean NA1 at that price would have been perfect.

AR
05-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Well that shows that is the RIGHT price.

Clean 1990 to 1996, low miles 19k max 20K all according to condition an miles.

1997 to 2001 max 25K

2002 plus 25k plus to max 35K

There are some RARE low mileage unblemished examples.

Most people have an unrealistic expectation of what their cars are worth.

Is funny how many ropey NSX were for sale a few years ago yet everyone advertised lately is mint lol!

Must be an area 51 type thing were aliens take away NSX for a refresh program!

Sudesh
05-05-2012, 10:02 AM
As mentioned here: http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?10080-Silver-91-car-with-low-miles-for-sale

Most of us said, what Ary mentioned above. Nice car, good price and if history checks out a good buy. Very possible someone was watching what we said, read it was a good buy and purchased!

There are always plenty of lurkers online lol

Papalazarou
05-05-2012, 10:37 AM

Clean 1990 to 1996, low miles 19k max 20K all according to condition an miles.

1997 to 2001 max 25K

2002 plus 25k plus to max 35K

There are some RARE low mileage unblemished examples.

Most people have an unrealistic expectation of what their cars are worth.

Is funny how many ropey NSX were for sale a few years ago yet everyone advertised lately is mint lol!

Must be an area 51 type thing were aliens take away NSX for a refresh program!

Who's smoking the crack pipe now? Is it that hard to believe that the NSX can command similar prices to other exotica of the same era?
Like it or not, and I know you don't. Recent sales have shown the NSX is achieving the status it deserves. There will always be over priced and underpriced examples of any marque, but Your prices are way out these days.

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
05-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Come on Ary,

Time to update the soapbox data ... times are moving on and the type of buyer is changing ... except it and move with the times buddy.

We'll all look forward to your attendance in 2014 with your new NSX ....

regards, Paul

AR
05-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Who's smoking the crack pipe now? Is it that hard to believe that the NSX can command similar prices to other exotica of the same era?
Like it or not, and I know you don't. Recent sales have shown the NSX is achieving the status it deserves. There will always be over priced and underpriced examples of any marque, but Your prices are way out these days.

Cheers,

James.

Hello James go back and read my POST, before posting crazy $hit!

"There are some RARE low mileage unblemished examples.

AR
05-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Come on Ary,

Time to update the soapbox data ... times are moving on and the type of buyer is changing ... except it and move with the times buddy.

regards, Paul

Paul, I am only going by what real world examples have sold for and I did say that RARE, unblemishedexamples were execpted from my guestimates.

Show me a sub 100K NSX selling for 25 large ones?

Papalazarou
05-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Hello James go back and read my POST, before posting crazy $hit!

I understood it the first time. I just strongly disagree with you.

Cheers,

James.

AR
05-05-2012, 01:17 PM
James you lost me there specially the quote about me no likey!!!

I said that the silver car was a good price if it all checks out, and it seems it did?

What is wrong with what I said there???

Papalazarou
05-05-2012, 01:23 PM
James you lost me there specially the quote about me no likey!!!

I said that the silver car was a good price if it all checks out, and it seems it did?

What is wrong with what I said there???

I'm saying your 97-2002 estimates aren't accurate these days. Nothing more.

Cheers,

James.

AR
05-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Like I said there are exceptions, like in everything.

manisandher
05-05-2012, 02:11 PM

Huh? A '91 car sells for £19K within a day. Surely the only thing this shows is that the price was waaaaay too low. I reckon you could increase your max '91 to '96 estimates by £5K or so, your max '97 to '01 estimates by £10K and your max '02+ estimates by £15K. These maxs would then include all rare low mileage unblemished examples. Oh but not the last few '05 cars which I reckon would go for anywhere between £55K-£60K nowadays...

IMHO.

Mani.

ConorNZ
05-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Hard to say what some might have paid for the car. It went for LESS than the asking price, however. I wouldn't have paid more than 20k - some psychological barrier for me for such an early car at that price.

But as you say, there are exceptions and I would fork over plenty more if it were super low miles and as-new condition!

Must be more vigilant on checking the for sales!!

AR
05-05-2012, 03:40 PM

regards, Paul

Paul if Honda does not hurry up it might have to be a molested TT FI NSX.

havoc
05-05-2012, 04:44 PM
I think Mani's right - that sort of price was being asked 3 years ago, so it probably WAS under-valued, and no-wonder it got snapped-up.

50/50 it reappears in a couple of weeks on a dealer forecourt for £4k more...

Papalazarou
06-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Huh? A '91 car sells for £19K within a day. Surely the only thing this shows is that the price was waaaaay too low. I reckon you could increase your max '91 to '96 estimates by £5K or so, your max '97 to '01 estimates by £10K and your max '02+ estimates by £15K. These maxs would then include all rare low mileage unblemished examples. Oh but not the last few '05 cars which I reckon would go for anywhere between £55K-£60K nowadays...

IMHO.

Mani.

I'd go with that. A good 02 car's not going to be far behind an 04 or an 05, largely because of the rarity and minimal difference in age. Similarly, 3.2 pop-ups are rarer still and should really be in the mid thirties. There are quite a few potential owners who prefer the pop-up over the facelift, but want the 6 speed transmission and perforated interior.

Cheers,

James.

WhyOne?
06-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Well that shows that is the RIGHT price.....

Not quite sure of your logic here Ary.

Car advertised at £18,995.

Car sells very quickly (though, in the interest of a balanced view, we do not know how much for).

That to me indicates only one thing - the car was under-priced.

AR
06-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Not quite sure of your logic here Ary.

Car advertised at £18,995.

Car sells very quickly (though, in the interest of a balanced view, we do not know how much for).

That to me indicates only one thing - the car was under-priced.

Well the Irish car has been hanging around for ages, so have the many on Car and Classic.

AR
06-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Huh? A '91 car sells for £19K within a day. Surely the only thing this shows is that the price was waaaaay too low.

Mani.

Mani the car sold on miles as much as price, most pop ups are over the 50K miles mark.

Same car at 25 K will be hanging about or waiting for an impulse buyer.

PeterW
06-05-2012, 10:36 AM
... the many on Car and Classic.
Two in the UK and one in Ireland as far as I can see. Unless I had different search filters than you set? ;)

Sudesh
06-05-2012, 10:51 AM
The reason I think, the Irish car is still for sale is due to

1. It was originally for sale at a huge price! Think it was in the mid thirties first, then it was slowly reduced over the coming Months if not a year now.
2. Is an auto, not the most sought after, especially at big money!
3. It's not a great add, pictures are poor etc.
4. Car is in Ireland, so unless your geared up to market the car correctly, it's difficult to get the lazy guys on the mainland to Tavel lol
5. Most will see the Irish plates, and not know now to go about getting a UK reg, and think they have to pay import duties and all that nonsense when YOU DONT, and is quite straight forward to register.

mjames75
06-05-2012, 09:20 PM
The reason I think, the Irish car is still for sale is due to

1. It was origina.........

I agree,

The fact is, its a manual with low miles for what, seems to me as a very low price...I mean...its not like theres alot of choice out there! The ones that hang around are always mainly autos and higher milage vehicles, not that Autos are bad, its just a fact that manual is a preferance and obviously reasonable miles normally indicates less issues.

Most Manuals I have seen sell very Quickly and I doubt it will change as it seems alot of members join this forum as they are searching for one......and serious buyers will request,search,view and put down the money.