PDA

View Full Version : what a mistake

Hondaboy
04-05-2012, 09:03 PM
theres a thread on prime full of modification regrets
anyone on here got any amusing stories/photos?

i can start this one off
removed my front fogs and bought some black mesh to install in the gaps in the bumper this was mainly to protect radiator and aircon parts from stones etc but wanted it to be nice looking as well
so paid a "professional" to do the job as i didnt want to mess it up

not bad from a distance11190
not so pretty close up
told him i wanted it behind the gaps to look flush and factoryish
so he did the opposite lol said he couldnt fit it behind as it wouldnt look right? AND THAT DOES?
anyway i wont say how much this cost me as im trying to be calm about it however it only took me 10 mins to remove the stuff earlier on though i think ill be couple of hours removing the black mastic from my bumper grrrr
so theres my first regret im sure there will be more:)

Sudesh
04-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Nasty!

I would have done that job free lol if it was as bad as that, I'd be too embarrassed to ask for payment lol

theres a thread on prime full of modification regrets
anyone on here got any amusing stories/photos?

i can start this one off
removed my front fogs and bought some black mesh to install in the gaps in the bumper this was mainly to protect radiator and aircon parts from stones etc but wanted it to be nice looking as well
so paid a "professional" to do the job as i didnt want to mess it up

not bad from a distance11190
not so pretty close up
told him i wanted it behind the gaps to look flush and factoryish
so he did the opposite lol said he couldnt fit it behind as it wouldnt look right? AND THAT DOES?
anyway i wont say how much this cost me as im trying to be calm about it however it only took me 10 mins to remove the stuff earlier on though i think ill be couple of hours removing the black mastic from my bumper grrrr
so theres my first regret im sure there will be more:)

Hondaboy
04-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Well I supplied the mesh so only paid labour but I'm gutted
Sudesh I read on prime you were looking into getting reproduction type s bumper garnish did you ever get any as I would be interested

Sudesh
04-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Sudesh I read on prime you were looking into getting reproduction type s bumper garnish did you ever get any as I would be interested

In the process at the moment! They are NSX-R ones but identical to type s as they share the same front.

Hondaboy
04-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Cheers sudesh keep us posted on that think I might stick mybfogs back in as I dont mind the look anyway

L696ULO
05-05-2012, 07:15 AM
Did you see Britlude's thread earlier this year as an alternative

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?9835-NSX-fog-light-mods!-(with-pics!)&highlight=Fog+lights

Rich

AR
05-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Iirc the mesh will stop cooling to the radiator.

The ac condenser should be ok without it.

How many people will bend down to look at the fog light hole?

If it was my car and they did that to criticise it they would be in a perfect position to...lol

Nick Graves
05-05-2012, 09:36 AM
The lesson is; if your NSX is fine, stop irritating it!

Still, makes a change from the usual one of installing oversized wheels/tyres & ruining perfectly good ride/handling. I've done that before.

Sudesh
05-05-2012, 10:10 AM
I wouldn't put mesh in the rad vent. But I have a nice grill in the AC vents as per NSX-R spec, they do look nice and you will notice a difference in look.

Without the mesh you see allot more through the vent, you don't need to bend down to notice it as the pipes and pastics behind are visible. But with the stone shields/mesh, it covers it up nicely and looks great.

Here are mine at the moment, hope to change to NSX-R style though this year.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX8/SAM_2057.jpg

AR
05-05-2012, 10:15 AM
A rattle can of satin black and hod done wheeler dealer style!

nobby
05-05-2012, 04:29 PM
nasty ... i would be gutted too :(

not the end of the world can be easy sorted

Hondaboy
05-05-2012, 04:44 PM
nasty ... i would be gutted too :(

not the end of the world can be easy sorted

Well sorted today by ripping it all out took ages to remove the sticky stuff but it's back to original again

gumball
05-05-2012, 05:04 PM
I regret torching my ECU..
But she's all better now.