PDA

View Full Version : new brakes installed

Hondaboy
04-05-2012, 08:49 PM
as the title says ive replaced my brakes as i was suffering rather bad judder especiallyat high speed
heres the old bits
all went smoothly hardest part was rubbing down hub faces to remove surface rust etc
ebc discs and mintex pads installed
ta da still need to drive it and bed the new pads in hopefully tomorrow
purists feel free to complain about my ricey red calipers:D

Sudesh
04-05-2012, 09:09 PM
I like the discs! Are those just indents rather that fully drilled? And part number and pricing please of the discs.

as the title says ive replaced my brakes as i was suffering rather bad judder especiallyat high speed
heres the old bits
all went smoothly hardest part was rubbing down hub faces to remove surface rust etc
ebc discs and mintex pads installed
ta da still need to drive it and bed the new pads in hopefully tomorrow
purists feel free to complain about my ricey red calipers:D

Hondaboy
04-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Got them through eBay £170 pair fronts £140 pair rears yeah there dimpled apparently reduced chance of cracking compared to drilled

Can't comment on them until there bed in few hundred miles then will report back but they seem very well made and had good reviews online

Sudesh
04-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the update! I have EBC pads on my car, so think I might go with the same style of disc as you rather than the stoptech. Think those look real nice!

Hondaboy
04-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Well as a boy racer lol I was eager for some nice looking brakes wasn't sure on the gold finish and no idea if it stays like that or wears off

Sudesh
04-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Well as a boy racer lol I was eager for some nice looking brakes wasn't sure on the gold finish and no idea if it stays like that or wears off

That was going to be my next question, what color are they lol The eBay add makes them look gold/bronze with green, wouldn't be into that. But your photo look like a gold color.

Hondaboy
04-05-2012, 10:37 PM
That was going to be my next question, what color are they lol The eBay add makes them look gold/bronze with green, wouldn't be into that. But your photo look like a gold color.

Definitely gold the picture is pretty much spot on colour wise

Senninha
04-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the update! I have EBC pads on my car, so think I might go with the same style of disc as you rather than the stoptech. Think those look real nice!

Which pads are you using please Sudesh?

nobby
05-05-2012, 04:24 PM
i think he puts on ebc red stuff afaik ... thats what on my car after refresh

ebc discs look well i think ... not too boy racer looking imho

be tempted myself ... be curious if gold colour can cope with weathering etc

Hondaboy
05-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Re the gold finish after looking online think the gold wears off when you brake therefore when all gold is removed the pads and discs are perfectly matched then do the bedding in procedure

markc
05-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Discs look good but for some reason I prefer slots only :)

EBC pads don't have a very good reputation particularly on heavier cars. Years ago I tried Greenstuff in my old Porsche and they were ****e! When I used Mintex 1144, dust/material used to burn into the lacquer of the wheels. I have Project Mu on my NSX at the moment and they're pretty good but as I do hardly any track work these days I'm going back OEM Honda pads, I think they're had to beat unless your NSX is dedicated to track work.

Cheers

Mark

Sudesh
05-05-2012, 08:22 PM

Hi Paul,

As Andrew mentioned, I'm using EBC Red Stuff, can't complain about them at all.

Hondaboy
14-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Just to update on the ebc discs now they have had some proper use have to say they are brilliant so much better than what I had originally though not sure if they were oem or cheap aftermarket, anyway these are fine wether cold or hot wet or dry no problems at all my pal thought they were too strong at stopping but think he's just heavy footed

Only complaint could be increased braking noise though only heard it with window open or no music playing and it's not screeching or grinding noise just sounds like a fans blades as the pads pass over the slots on the disc, doesn't bother me at all actually think it sounds quite cool

farrah123
31-05-2017, 03:57 PM
Hi its Farrah here, where did you manage to locate new discs from ?
cheers

Silver Surfer
31-05-2017, 09:07 PM
From what I remember posted was from ebay....Hondaboy has since sold his NSX I think...

SS

Senninha
01-06-2017, 05:05 PM
Hi its Farrah here, where did you manage to locate new discs from ?
cheers

Hi, you can buy direct from EBC as I recall. I'm using their non slotted discs with red stuff pads and no complaints at all, rgds Paul