PDA

View Full Version : Wtb nsx

Polemicist
02-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Greetings!I'm looking to get into NSX ownership and have the following requirements;- Budget; flexible for the right car- Generation; will consider all- Colour; Red, Yellow, Orange or Blue DEFINITELY not Silver or Green- Transmission: I would prefer an automatic- Coupé or Targa: Ideally a targa but not a deal-breaker- Miles: Less than 70K- UK or JDM; I'm pragmatic and will consider a JDM if there's provenance- History; must be complete- Accident damaged and repaired; no thanksAnyone?TIAMark

scottg
02-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Mark,
There is a red low mileage car with a dealer in Ireland. It was one of the Sultans cars that was purchased from Derek Warrick Honda is Southampton when new. The car is an auto but the history will not be complete as the Sultan of Brunei has his own people maintain his cars. The dealer is asking 18k if you would like his details please pm me and I will forward his e mail address

Polemicist
02-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Hi Scott
Thanks for the info.; I've already been in contact with the chap selling the car (I didn't realise he was dealer) and he has advised me the car's ABD and TCS warning lights are illuminated. Food for thought...
Regards
Mark

nobby
02-05-2012, 03:35 PM
there is the much debated yellow jdm car on here ... that has the jordan sticker and issue with year ... by all accounts sounds like a clean motor but manufacture date is causing an issue

read about it in the for sale section ... its defo not a 99 car as advertised and not a targa but is an auto and in yellow ...

good luck ... there is a no of autos on the market so more hope in landing one of those than a manual

hope u get sorted

btw if you are interested in that red one in Ireland, you could get the car up to Sudesh for him to look at as he is ONLY North of the border.

Polemicist
03-05-2012, 02:42 PM
This one has appeared on Autotrader:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201206448702815/sort/default/usedcars/model/nsx/make/honda/quicksearch/true/radius/1501/page/1/postcode/ne192sa?logcode=p

Does anyone know this particular car?

I seem to recall it being for sale by this garage previously. The dealer's web site is a little low-rent...

nobby
03-05-2012, 07:05 PM
I could be wrong but I think this is the dealer that came on here ranting and raving about his advert and that we were all a bunch of scumbags and should not talk about his cars as people on here know nothing about these cars etc etc etc!

Up to you, if you want to contact him, but came across as a bit of an a$$ in all honesty :no:

I know you may prefer and auto but by all accounts that silver car on PH looks favorable.

Have you dismissed the red car based in Ireland?

Did you check out the yellow auto one?

This one has appeared on Autotrader:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201206448702815/sort/default/usedcars/model/nsx/make/honda/quicksearch/true/radius/1501/page/1/postcode/ne192sa?logcode=p

Does anyone know this particular car?

I seem to recall it being for sale by this garage previously. The dealer's web site is a little low-rent...

Polemicist
03-05-2012, 09:09 PM
I've been reading the debate about the yellow NSX (which is relatively convenient to me as I live in North Northumberland) but my feeling is from my investigation thus far is that it's overpriced; could be a contender if it were £7 -£8k cheaper.

Alas I couldn't live with a silver car... The colour really doesn't work on the NSX IMHO and it's a manual which is not my preferred gearbox.

I'm still mulling over the Irish car but it's illuminated warning lights, broken rear light lens and getting it back into the UK and re-registering it make it no so attractive.

The history of the red NSX at the a$$y dealer appears to be OK; 3 owners and a full Honda service history. I'm told it is HPI clear but the fit of the front section adjacent to the RH wing looks poor in the images. I'm minded to go and check this one out if it's still for sale at the weekend.

Hondaboy
03-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Nice to see someone looking for an auto for a change:) rather than the coveted manual
I wasn't looking for an auto but that's what I found and love it

Good luck with your search

Sudesh
03-05-2012, 10:39 PM
I've been reading the debate about the yellow NSX (which is relatively convenient to me as I live in North Northumberland) but my feeling is from my investigation thus far is that it's overpriced; could be a contender if it were £7 -£8k cheaper.

Alas I couldn't live with a silver car... The colour really doesn't work on the NSX IMHO and it's a manual which is not my preferred gearbox.

I'm still mulling over the Irish car but it's illuminated warning lights, broken rear light lens and getting it back into the UK and re-registering it make it no so attractive.

The history of the red NSX at the a$$y dealer appears to be OK; 3 owners and a full Honda service history. I'm told it is HPI clear but the fit of the front section adjacent to the RH wing looks poor in the images. I'm minded to go and check this one out if it's still for sale at the weekend.

The Irish car was once a UK car also, can't recall the plate now. The ABS lights could just be one of the sensors, But a good look over/diagnostics should be able to confirm the problem. Hunt around and you may find a used rear light lense cheap, in fact I may know of some! if not, a new one is around £370 from uk dealer, I would negotiate this in the sale/purchase along with ABS fault.

As for UK registering, that's very very simple to do, all you need is an MOT, then take all your paperwork, fill out a few forms, pay for 6 or 12 months tax and that's it! You new V5, UK reg and tax disc will follow about a week or two after that.

Sudesh
03-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Forgot to say, if you wanted me to go with you to see the Irish car, that shouldn't be a probelem.

Sudesh
03-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Just had a second look at the Irish car, and once again it would appear to me that, this particular car is not a 1993, it's actually a 1991 car! There are differences on the interior, but from the UK Chassis number I checked, it comes up as a 1991 car also.

Nick Graves
04-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Hi Mark,

Dunno if you got my PM; the ABS/TCS warning lights are in highest probablility a defective wheel ABS sensor. The age error (seems a common phenomenon with imports!) may be due to carelessness rather than misrepresentation; maybe Sultans can be lax about such formailites in their own jurisditcion! Maybe Dirk over in Holland can find you a light cluster for more sensible money.

I'd not dismiss a silver one 'til you've seen it. Especially silverstone; it looks like they forgot to paint it and that sort of 'works'.

Whatever became of that gorgeous midnight purple -T F-matic? it was low mileage & up for stupid money for about three years, IIRC? Did values finally reach the stupid money price?

Polemicist
04-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Sudesh, thank you for the very kind offer; much appreciated. If I decide to look at the car I will be in-touch.

Polemicist
04-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Hi Mark,

Dunno if you got my PM; the ABS/TCS warning lights are in highest probablility a defective wheel ABS sensor. The age error (seems a common phenomenon with imports!) may be due to carelessness rather than misrepresentation; maybe Sultans can be lax about such formailites in their own jurisditcion! Maybe Dirk over in Holland can find you a light cluster for more sensible money.

I'd not dismiss a silver one 'til you've seen it. Especially silverstone; it looks like they forgot to paint it and that sort of 'works'.

Whatever became of that gorgeous midnight purple -T F-matic? it was low mileage & up for stupid money for about three years, IIRC? Did values finally reach the stupid money price?

Hi Nick
I did receive your PM - sorry for not replying! I think you know my opinion about silver cars though...
Perversely an auto' really is my transmission of choice for the the intended use of the car and the likelihood that Mrs P will be required to drive it too.
Mark

Sudesh
04-05-2012, 10:04 AM
The age thing on this car in my opinion, is down to it being very late registered. Sultan bought it new and just added it to his collection unregistered, then in 93 it was first offically registerecd hence the 93 reg. But chassis number confirms its a 1991 car along with missing 93 items on the interior.

I'm not a huge fan of the silver back roof on the NSX, but do like all silver with the 7 spoke weeks. Used to have a one in all silver.

Light cluster from Dirk may be a slight problem as from what I can tell by the photos of the Irish car, it's the drivers side lens that's damage, being a UK car then it will have the red fog lens on drivers side, where dirks lamp units coud be LHD so red lense is on opposite side. But certainly worth giving Dirk a call as he did at a time have RHD model and he's a very nice guy and good with parts. Alternatively you could take a LHD unit and just pop a red bulb in!

Before I bought my current NSX, almost bought an F matic midnight purple or, reg was STV something.

Hi Mark,

Nick Graves
04-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Good point - I forgot the lights were 'handed'. Mind you, a 'trick' bulb might even things up a bit.

Mark - I totally agree about silver cars! Oddly enough, with the exception of the NSX. My previous attempt at owning one was a sliverslow & it really worked, in an unpainted sort of way.

kingsley
05-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Hi Polemicist, The Red Irish car was for sale in April /May last year. showing as an orignal UK car 1993 26 ,000 miles £27,995.00

Kingsley

Sudesh
05-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Hi Polemicist, The Red Irish car was for sale in April /May last year. showing as an orignal UK car 1993 26 ,000 miles £27,995.00

Kingsley

It's already been pointed out its a UK car and registered as a 93, but it's a 91 model as proven by the chassis number and slightly different interior.

nobby
09-05-2012, 10:03 PM
have u looked at this car?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-NSX-3-0-auto-INVESTMENT-OPPORTUNITY-/130646661224?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1e6b25d868#ht_1740wt_1270

Polemicist
10-05-2012, 08:53 AM
have u looked at this car?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-NSX-3-0-auto-INVESTMENT-OPPORTUNITY-/130646661224?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1e6b25d868#ht_1740wt_1270

I have looked at it on Ebay but my feeling is that it is simply too expensive. Avon tyres too!

nobby
10-05-2012, 09:22 AM
have you spoke to the seller to see if any movement on car?
looks/reads decent!

u can discount the car and get proper boots on! :)

I have looked at it on Ebay but my feeling is that it is simply too expensive. Avon tyres too!

ADASDIDAS
10-05-2012, 12:02 PM
I spoke to the original owner who sold to this dealer, back last September time I recall. At that time it was on Ebay for £16,500...... suggesting there is some movement in the latest advertised price!

Jason