PDA

View Full Version : NSX market ??

simonprelude
23-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Of course I keep an eye out on Autotrader for the state of the NSX market, but has anyone else looked recently.

Below £30k there are the usual couple that have been hanging around forever but apart from that they seem to have all gone.

Good or bad I don't know but something is happening out there.

Rob_Fenn
27-01-2006, 10:01 AM
I have noticed facelift cars are getting close to the £30k mark now. Now that is value for money! There seems to be a bargain there for £16k too.

-Rob

simonprelude
27-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Seems to be very few pre facelift 3.2s around though, which is good :)

sportyking
27-01-2006, 02:43 PM
That's one reason why I was aiming at the latest pre-facelift I could get at a decent price. :D

TheQuietOne
28-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Me too :wink:

mutley
28-01-2006, 12:13 PM
I Manages to pick up my '92 NSX for £10K. I know it has a few "niggles" to sort out, but the first time I went to look at it he was asking £14K, so all round I think I have scored a it of a bargain, and the wee problems give me someting to do at weekends!

Sagacitas
28-01-2006, 04:45 PM
What was your opening offer then?

Richard

mutley
29-01-2006, 12:29 AM
when I first looked at the car, he wasn't going to budge bellow 13k, so I went off to try and get the cash. It took me a while to get it together, and by this time I thought that it would have been sold. But for a laugh I looked on the Autotrader web site, and there it was, same car with 10k price tag, so I snapped his hand off.

And that was with the number plate A18 NSX...which was a bonus!!

Ian.M
29-01-2006, 06:39 AM
I have B18 NSX

mutley
29-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Nice one Ian,

I wonder how many people NSX owners have an *** NSX number plates? could be a new topic?

Papalazarou
29-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Why don't you start a poll?

Cheers,

James.

simonprelude
29-01-2006, 07:35 PM
I don't and am not buying one either.

TheQuietOne
30-01-2006, 05:49 PM

Spoil sport :P

simonprelude
30-01-2006, 05:59 PM
What can I say, does it make it go any faster ??

Besides would dilute the press heritage.

sportyking
30-01-2006, 06:10 PM
What about the potential weight savings?

I'm down to 5 characters, still saving for NSX1 :D

Just kidding, for £250 notes I see it as a bit of fun, but still ultimately a waste of money. Anymore than that is getting silly.
If it was a down to the wire decision between buying two cars, a plate could make the difference on something mass produced, but that situation is never likely to happen with an NSX?

I let my S2000 plate go with the car ( the dealer didn't know it had one until the deal was done), as ultimately it has no real value and belongs with the car. I never envisaged it as anything other than "Bling", which the previous owner(s) of my NSX obviously thought as well

TheQuietOne
30-01-2006, 06:13 PM
What can I say, does it make it go any faster ??

Besides would dilute the press heritage.

I have no intention either I was only joking... :( The only slight flaw in you argument is that I'm not sure we all bought our NSX's for their raw power, surely the looks count for something, and if it stops people asking if it is a F car that can only be a good thing :wink:

As mine was in a feature on the improvements to the NSX in Autocar (parked on a beach :shock: ) in 2000 it would do the same for me, although not to as great a degree as for one of the 3.2 launch cars admittedly!

On an unrelated note had loads of nice comments whilst down in Oxford visiting friends this weekend, which culminated in a guy at the till at BP Warwick services on the M40 saying it was a beautiful car, and that I should keep it as it will be a collectors item, and that 5th Gear said it was possibly the greatest sports car ever made...did make me feel so privileged walking back out to it! Still not had one nasty / jealous comment in 8 months, what a car!

mutley
30-01-2006, 10:57 PM
I probably wouldn't have bought one either, but seeing as it came with the car, I think it looks the part.......just a bit bling as someone just said