very little use dry stored
professionally detailed
light tan leather
3keys
17and 18 5spoke titanium alloys

ring for any further questions hpi report clear, 07816676718

Senninha
24-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Please indicate the price you are asking for this time .... :)

Looks good, and best of luck with the sale

Sudesh
24-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Is this the one that people though was a special edition because someone put a Jordan sticker on it lol

Also I believed this is a JDM car, imported around 1999? Any photos of the interior? Being a 96 it should be F-matic, if it's not, then it's an earlier model and not a genuine 96 car, roof has obviously been body colored too.

Sudesh
24-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Don't need to see any additional photos, I already have them lol

The car is indeed a JDM model, it's just standard auto [not F MATIC] so is an earlier car, and from the photos I have, is probably a 93 car maybe 94.

havoc
25-04-2012, 06:51 PM
:makesmentalnote: Never cross the NSXCB community...they know EVERYTHING!!! ;)

Sudesh
26-04-2012, 06:38 PM
What happened the photo of the car in the first post? Looks like the owner removed it!

AR
26-04-2012, 06:49 PM
What happened the photo of the car in the first post? Looks like the owner removed it!

He must be removing the "Jordan" stickers!!!

Sudesh
26-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Please indicate the price you are asking for this time .... :)

Looks good, and best of luck with the sale

It was advertised last October for £33,000!

Sudesh
26-04-2012, 07:26 PM
He must be removing the "Jordan" stickers!!!

Possible! http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/classic-car-page/155030/1996-honda-nsx/

swiftnsx
26-04-2012, 08:32 PM
sensible offers what is it worth?

Sudesh
26-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Without knowing condition, history and based on 93/94 year, around £15k to £17k [roughly]

havoc
26-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Probably not far off. It's an auto, which is going to knock a few £k off vs a manual, but the low mileage (if fully documented) will appeal to some. You could chance it at a higher price, see if someone bites...

TheSebringOne
26-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Currently on AutoTrader as follows for £26,995.00

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201213459569496/sort/default/usedcars/model/nsx/make/honda/postcode/m287xy/quicksearch/true/page/1/radius/1501?logcode=p

swiftnsx
26-04-2012, 10:43 PM
would value your valuation may take a px lotus elan? something interesting.have you seen details n pics of my evo6rsx nicely modded if you know anyone

Sudesh
26-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Currently on AutoTrader as follows for £26,995.00

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201213459569496/sort/default/usedcars/model/nsx/make/honda/postcode/m287xy/quicksearch/true/page/1/radius/1501?logcode=p

lol seems to be getting younger that car!

gumball
27-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Probably not far off. It's an auto, which is going to knock a few £k off vs a manual, but the low mileage (if fully documented) will appeal to some. You could chance it at a higher price, see if someone bites...

Documentation maybe a bit sketchy, as they are guessing the year it was made..

havoc
27-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Agreed gumball - my caveat was there for a reason! I guess imports are always a little bit of guesswork, but you'd hope a vendor would be up front about stuff...

If they're asking £27k for it, then I've almost certainly made a profit on mine...I should sell!!! ;)

Dragonlady
28-04-2012, 09:38 AM
With reference to Sudesh's post about the age of the car, isn't it illegal to have a reg plate on a car the makes the age of the car seem younger than it really is? The seller said it was a 1996, and the plate confirmed this to some degree being a 'P' reg.

Ian

Senninha
28-04-2012, 10:12 AM
With reference to Sudesh's post about the age of the car, isn't it illegal to have a reg plate on a car the makes the age of the car seem younger than it really is? The seller said it was a 1996, and the plate confirmed this to some degree being a 'P' reg.

Ian

It should at least align to it's 'UK' registration and we've seen this on JDM cars before ....

Sudesh
28-04-2012, 10:43 AM

Ian

Its not illegal if the DVLA made the fault to begin with! This may not be a case of its the sellers fault, it could just be as simple as, at first registration in the UK, something went wrong/papers processed incorrectly and the car was registered a being a 96.

Sudesh
28-04-2012, 10:51 AM
It should at least align to it's 'UK' registration and we've seen this on JDM cars before ....

Thats not the way it works Paul.

The car was imported and first registered in 99, but its not a 99 car, so wont get that year/plate. DVLA give the plate according to year of manufacture which in this case they [or someone] put in as a 96, so the P reg is in fact correct.

However this is not a GENUINE 96 car, it is around 93 or 94 [would need better pics of bits to confirm] so somewhere along the registration process, something went wrong............................Another case which may have happened [and this is a huge MAYBE] But possible the car was made in 93/94 and didnt get sold/registered in Japan until 96 so the JDM registration would show 96 for the UK......................Again thats just a Maybe.

Its still a 93/94 car.

havoc
28-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Quick one Sudesh, to clarify for any interested punters.

I know the 95+ (94+?) cars in the UK had different 1st and 2nd gearing and the inch-bigger alloys to the 89-94 cars, but what changes were there in the JDM world, as I thought (?) the JDM cars always had the shorter lower gears? There's the auto vs F-matic difference here, of course...but anything else?

Sudesh
29-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Quick one Sudesh, to clarify for any interested punters.

I know the 95+ (94+?) cars in the UK had different 1st and 2nd gearing and the inch-bigger alloys to the 89-94 cars, but what changes were there in the JDM world, as I thought (?) the JDM cars always had the shorter lower gears? There's the auto vs F-matic difference here, of course...but anything else?

There are quite a few differences on both UK and JDM through out the years, some are subtle you probably didn't see them, it would take me a bit to go through it all lol

As far as I'm aware JDM always had the shorter gears. One of the first give away signs of a JDM NSX is the headlight wash not being there, also the smaller rear number plate slot, JDM also have dual clear reverse lights. Some have said in the past that an NSX without front fogs is JDM, but that's not correct. All standard JDM NSX had front fogs too, [apart from NSX-R, Type-S, S-Zero, NSX-R GT, All Facelift Cars]

I notice mot of the differences on the interior, engine bay and under the bonnet! Can pretty much figure out a year from looking at items and pairing them off against other bit.

swiftnsx
29-04-2012, 11:49 AM
im not upto date on differences to distinguish year etc but i have sent chassis details pics got all mots since import got fsh and its up for 26995 at a sor garage so may help sell with p/x warranty and finance. i will sell for a lot less with none of these offers and the money saved would more than pay for any mods work etc for purchaser to carry out but the mileage is correct (mots)why does it have 17-18 inch alloys.i suppose someone put them on .as a 25000m car i suppose there are not many more with mileage as low as this about ,its had a full professional detail.

Sudesh
29-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Won't matter how many mots you have, or what papers there are or photos of the chassis, it's still not a genuine 96 car, which is misleading to sell especially as there are big differences between 93/94 and 96! Most arguably the lack of F Matic, also your car doesn't have twin airbags which it would have too, if it was a 96!

You ask why does it have the after market 17/18 wheels, well for me thats simple, the car, [I think] is a 93, so being a 93 it would of had from new the old ugly 5 spoke 15/16 inch setup, otherwise it would still have the original 16/17 inch 7 spoe wheels either on it or included in the sale.

Now I know who ever owned it previously could have sold the OEM 7 spoke wheels if it was 94+, but I'm banking on that being unlikely.

But I could eat my own words if I had the chassis number, as it may be a 94. But it's not any more than 94.

If you want to know te exact year and month of the car, send me the chassis number via PM and I'll let you know and happily eat my words if I'm wrong lol.

im not upto date on differences to distinguish year etc but i have sent chassis details pics got all mots since import got fsh and its up for 26995 at a sor garage so may help sell with p/x warranty and finance. i will sell for a lot less with none of these offers and the money saved would more than pay for any mods work etc for purchaser to carry out but the mileage is correct (mots)why does it have 17-18 inch alloys.i suppose someone put them on .as a 25000m car i suppose there are not many more with mileage as low as this about ,its had a full professional detail.

Hagasan
29-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Regardless of what year his car is or is not is it really fair to pick apart his ad like this? It's buyer beware and all that plus no one should willfully mis-describe their item but if the sellers paperwork says what he describes then isn't it really the business between the seller and buyer? It just seems to be becoming a pick the sale apart thread which is going to ruin the sellers chances of even getting anyone calling....

I may be wrong but just my initial thoughts...

Sudesh
29-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Regardless of what year his car is or is not is it really fair to pick apart his ad like this? It's buyer beware and all that plus no one should willfully mis-describe their item but if the sellers paperwork says what he describes then isn't it really the business between the seller and buyer? It just seems to be becoming a pick the sale apart thread which is going to ruin the sellers chances of even getting anyone calling....

If you bought and paid for a 96 car and turned out to be a few years younger, along with specification thats missing as its not the correct year, how would you feel? And if you thought someone could have pointed out and showed people potentially what year it is, but didn't, because other members think its "picking apart" an add, would you not been thinking, "boy I wish I had of knew this information as it would have helped me decided on the purchase" and find the information helpful?

Also if it's buyer beware then surely potential buyers can now find this information helpful!

If not then I won't bother giving any helpful info like this again and just let buyers beware! Hows that sound?

havoc
29-04-2012, 08:54 PM
I can see your point Hagasan, but swiftnsx seemed to join the club just to advertise his NSX (at IMHO a ridiculous price, and I'm facing the possibility (<50%) that I may have to sell soon, so I should be talking prices up), and hasn't even had the courtesy to contribute to platinum membership as requested.

In which case I think he should be treated as any other trader, and the club's position should be a default "to the truth" (but not to a witch-hunt, agreed). Whether it desperately matters to a buyer if the car is 16y.o. or 19y.o. is questionable, but the spec changes might matter... I'm old-fashioned - I think people should be honest about things like this - caveat emptor is just a shield for the unscrupulous to hide behind in some cases...not that I'm accusing the vendor here of being unscrupulous.

Sudesh
29-04-2012, 09:01 PM
I can see your point Hagasan, but swiftnsx seemed to join the club just to advertise his NSX (at IMHO a ridiculous price, and I'm facing the possibility (<50%) that I may have to sell soon, so I should be talking prices up), and hasn't even had the courtesy to contribute to platinum membership as requested.

In which case I think he should be treated as any other trader, and the club's position should be a default "to the truth" (but not to a witch-hunt, agreed). Whether it desperately matters to a buyer if the car is 16y.o. or 19y.o. is questionable, but the spec changes might matter... I'm old-fashioned - I think people should be honest about things like this - caveat emptor is just a shield for the unscrupulous to hide behind in some cases...not that I'm accusing the vendor here of being unscrupulous.

Nobody has said the seller is being unscrupulous, infact I would say he was totally unaware of it being a younger car until he posted about it and a photo, which I recognized as being an earlier car and JDM. After mentioning this, the photo of the car was taken down by the OP!

He also reserected a post from 2010 just to mention he has an auto NSX forsale lol

NSX 2000
29-04-2012, 09:07 PM

Hi Gary

IIRC we picked this car apart last time it was for sale, most of it back then was due to the seller saying it was a "Jordan" special edition.

Paul

PS I do like this NSX, but I'm not sure it's worth 27 large mate :D

nobby
29-04-2012, 09:13 PM
I do not think anyone has unfairly picked on this ad ... and as a forum I think its great that there is knowledge out there to spot these types of issue with an ad. many ad's for NSX's has been put on and discussed on here so why is this one any different?

I think its very beneficial; I would also fully expect my car to be fully discussed on here (so be it) if it was advertised.

I too would want to know what the true age of the car is and i think its only right to point this out. there are many reasons as discussed which may have caused the issue to happen but its needs sorted. The owner has the option to make avail of a service to get the 'right' confirmation of details on this car, then he can ensure that he is providing all the CORRECT detail to a perspective buyer and both parties will know where they stand if a sale is agreed.

Best of luck with sale but do the right thing and confirm the exact age etc for your ad

You cannot ask for fairer than that IMHO

Sudesh
29-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Hi Gary

IIRC we picked this car apart last time it was for sale, most of it back then was due to the seller saying it was a "Jordan" special edition.

Paul

PS I do like this NSX, but I'm not sure it's worth 27 large mate :D

Imagine if you never knew allot about the NSX but bought this and paid a premium for it because you though it was a REAL Jordan special edition. Then you find this forum and its Pointed out there is no such thing and paid between £10k/£17k more for it lol

Hagasan
29-04-2012, 09:18 PM
I agree that all should be aware of the facts and I am not critising anyone for trying to find them out. It just seemed that the continual posting looked a bit overbearing in my eyes. I'm not saying I am necessarilly 100% correct as not all will agree with me. Yes the seller should be aware of what he's selling but not everyone is so car or specifically NSX clued up. He believes he has a Jordan or 96 car. Let people know it may not be that and that they should make detailed checks and leave it be. Agreed the seller could contibute to the site he is advertising on though.......

pralognan
01-06-2012, 05:19 AM
I went to see this car yesterday and would comment as follows. The yellow paintwork is in excellent condition and the tan interior is absolutely first class.
It is a jdm car with no passenger airbag and a standard auto gearbox.
The owner seems to have hardly used the car at all since the mot mileages increase by about 50 miles per year!
The 6 spoke wheels show no hub centres on the photographs but 4 brand new centres are in the boot along with a nice cover.
The engine runs nicely and everything seems to work,just the windows are slow to raise.
Did not ask to drive it since it was pouring with rain and it is clearly not used to getting wet!
Price is too high for me.

jaytip
03-06-2012, 01:19 PM
If you bought and paid for a 96 car and turned out to be a few years younger, along with specification thats missing as its not the correct year, how would you feel? And if you thought someone could have pointed out and showed people potentially what year it is, but didn't, because other members think its "picking apart" an add, would you not been thinking, "boy I wish I had of knew this information as it would have helped me decided on the purchase" and find the information helpful?

Also if it's buyer beware then surely potential buyers can now find this information helpful!

If not then I won't bother giving any helpful info like this again and just let buyers beware! Hows that sound?
A bit like buying from Dali and then getting ripped off by him after members on here recommended him then eh :rolleyes:

markc
03-06-2012, 06:33 PM

Sounds good to me. I've always disliked, and voiced it many times, this forums tendency to pick apart cars and/or talk down prices, often when no ones even asking questions!

Sudesh, I know you were caught out in a similar fashion when you purchased your car but the information is freely available if people are prepared to look and so I'm with Gary on the "buyer beware" side.

Also, the DVLA regularly make, or made, errors. For example my JDM car is listed on the V5C as first registered 2000 and was given an "X" registration plate, when it was imported (in 2000), rather than May 1997 (it should really be a "P" registration) which all the paperwork shows. Another example I know of is some Ford Racing Puma's (though not mine) were registered as Green from new, when ALL 500 cars were exactly the same Imperial Blue.

Cheers

Mark

Sudesh
03-06-2012, 06:38 PM
A bit like buying from Dali and then getting ripped off by him after members on here recommended him then eh :rolleyes:

Your like a broken record lol

Sudesh
03-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Sounds good to me. I've always disliked, and voiced it many times, this forums tendency to pick apart cars and/or talk down prices, often when no ones even asking questions!

Sudesh, I know you were caught out in a similar fashion when you purchased your car but the information is freely available if people are prepared to look and so I'm with Gary on the "buyer beware" side.

Also, the DVLA regularly make, or made, errors. For example my JDM car is listed on the V5C as first registered 2000 and was given an "X" registration plate, when it was imported (in 2000), rather than May 1997 (it should really be a "P" registration) which all the paperwork shows. Another example I know of is some Ford Racing Puma's (though not mine) were registered as Green from new, when ALL 500 cars were exactly the same Imperial Blue.

Cheers

Mark

Mark, I wasn't entirely right on my at the start, as I was obvilious to the many differences in the JDM model back then!

And if people read through this thread correctly, I did not run down the car by any means, I just clearly stating the year factor to which I was right, as I obtained the chassis number for it!

But if it helps not to share the info, then sI really couldn't care less.

jaytip
03-06-2012, 07:02 PM

Cheers

Mark

I agree with you Mark. I went to view your car before you purchased it,and those "missing" 3 years put me off.A bit more reserch on my part and i may well have ended up buying it(although i really struggled to comfortable in the seats though,lol)

jaytip
03-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Your like a broken record lol
But i think you see my point though. It is good to give potential purchasers any advise to help them wether it be a car or vendor,don't you agree?

Sudesh
03-06-2012, 07:17 PM
But i think you see my point though. It is good to give potential purchasers any advise to help them wether it be a car or vendor,don't you agree?

Yeah totally! That's why I have not put down the advise you give, I merely stated how positive my dealing have been, there is always good and bad to most situations. But anyway it's well publicised now and as you say buyer beware! I do that for most things I buy anyway, sad to say that's just the world we live in. Ran into a buyer beware situation only a few days ago, travelled over 400 miles for nothing lol

Sudesh
03-06-2012, 07:20 PM
(although i really struggled to comfortable in the seats though,lol)

Do you mind if I ask what height and build you would be roughly?

Im working on a new project and have a few customers that may struggle too, but having never sat in those seats yet, need to do a bit of research for those guys.

jaytip
03-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Do you mind if I ask what height and build you would be roughly?

Im working on a new project and have a few customers that may struggle too, but having never sat in those seats yet, need to do a bit of research for those guys.
I'm 5'8" Sudesh,and at the time i was probably about 75KG. I just found them too upright for me to get comfortable,and if memory serves me well,my arm would catch the wing of the seat when engaging 2nd and 4th.

havoc
03-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Ran into a buyer beware situation only a few days ago, travelled over 400 miles for nothing lol

Done that a couple of times, most notably an early alarm for a 200-mile trip to Stockton on Tees to see a "mint, immaculate" DC2 ITR that turned out to have been washed with a brillo pad its whole life. Caveat emptor seems to be standard form for most automotive dealings (won't go into the sh't I had with my first ITR and a cambelt change by an alleged 'specialist'...).

Re: Dali - if he dealt with e.g. Visa/Mastercard and you could raise chargebacks easier, then it wouldn't be such an issue. But Paypal is a pile of sh't for both parties, and can leave an overseas (i.e. UK) buyer up a certain creek without a paddle...

AR
03-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Sudesh at 6 feet 1 and 46 inch jacket when I had the nsx-r it was very uncomfortable!

NSXGB
03-06-2012, 09:01 PM
I think waist size would be one of the most important measurements to consider with these seats. I only have experience of the Recaro Pole Positions which are similar and that is the feedback I get from people that have tried them. I would say that if you have a waist size of greater than 34", you would find them uncomfortable.
I'm 6'3" with a waist of 32" ish.

markc
04-06-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm 5'8 1/2", just under 70kg and about 40" in the chest and 33" in the waist. The seats work very well for me with the fixed rake angle just about perfect although it (rake) could be adjusted if you really needed to by moving the rear fixing point up or down. I've never experienced any unwanted arm to seat interference.

This type of seat tends to "round" your shoulders which can feel strange at first. I had similar Recaro PP's in the Porsche (993) I had immediately previous to the NSX so was already used to them. The Porsche/Recaro mounts allowed rake adjustment via multi-hole fixings but that car had a fixed steering wheel position while the NSX's fully adjustable steering wheel compensates for quite a lot of different shaped peeps :)

Cheers

Mark

Sudesh
04-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Thank you very much guys for your size info! Exactly what I needed. Interesting to see the various sizes of men that were in tat seat.