PDA

View Full Version : Honda Institute visit

Greybloke
20-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Went along with the S2Ki guys (about 35 or us) to the UK Honda Institute near Heathrow. I must admit I was unaware of this facility which houses various technical and commercial training programmes.

We were first given a guided tour, taking in the technical training area which as you can see includes all the various Honda motorised products, Lawnmowers, Bikes, Quads, Cars even Outboards :D The various products are set up in this area with faults which technicians then resolve. with the aid of some very high tech diagnostic equipement. All Honda technicians have to pass through this training centre before they are let loose on any honda car.

Then onto the "service" department where a small band look after the press fleet. Cars and bikes in here.

Back to the training room for a presentation on development and philosophy behind the S2000.

After a brief lunch, we were taken thro the basics of the diagnostic software.

Finally the oppertunity to look at some of the removed and dismantled components, and engine's including the famous S2000 block with a con rod sticking out the side :shock:

Grand finale was a demonstration of an airbag deploying :shock: :shock: very loud, very quick, and quite scary :roll:

All in all a great day with the S2000 boys (and girls) The Honda team really know their stuff, I'm impressed.