PDA

View Full Version : SmartTenna

jpspringall
14-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Just wondering if anyone has got one of these, with a Grom Audio Adapter?

I never listen to the radio in my NSX, but the 'CD' is almost always on, and this looks like it could be a good solution.

You never know i might stop spending money on the car at some point.

James

Kaz-kzukNA1
14-04-2012, 10:02 PM
...... I never listen to the radio ..............

...... i might stop spending money on the car at some point.

James
Hi, James.
If you are 100% sure that you will NEVER listen to the radio and to save the cost, how about disconnecting the small connector at the power ANT?

It will keep the aerial down regardless of the audio head unit mode.

In emergency case, you can always listen to the radio through your mobile phone.

Kaz

jpspringall
14-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Hi Kaz,

Yes i had thought of that, but i thought for a relatively cheap option, it might be worth a shot.

James

Sudesh
14-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Hi, James.
If you are 100% sure that you will NEVER listen to the radio and to save the cost, how about disconnecting the small connector at the power ANT?

It will keep the aerial down regardless of the audio head unit mode.

In emergency case, you can always listen to the radio through your mobile phone.

Kaz

I would agree! Very simple and costs nothing to do.

Alternatively, a power off switch to the antenna could be added to a hidden location, say your armrest, glovebox or under the dash etc. Little bit of wiring involved but for the right person would only take an hour or so to do, and would cost no more that £5 for materials.

Silver Surfer
14-04-2012, 10:30 PM
James...why don't you sell me your electric aerial..that way I can listen to the radio and you can keep your aerial from ruining the look of the car. ;)

SS

jpspringall
14-04-2012, 10:37 PM
I would agree! Very simple and costs nothing to do.

Alternatively, a power off switch to the antenna could be added to a hidden location, say your armrest, glovebox or under the dash etc. Little bit of wiring involved but for the right person would only take an hour or so to do, and would cost no more that £5 for materials.

James...why don't you sell me your electric aerial..that way I can listen to the radio and you can keep your aerial from ruining the look of the car. ;)

SS

I think i will bow down to possibly the 2 most knowledgable people on here, and just disconnect the power.

Silver Surfer, i couldnt possibly sell you my aerial, i'd feel far too guilty by slowing your car down by 0.5MPH ;)

J

Kaz-kzukNA1
14-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Hi Kaz,

Yes i had thought of that, but i thought for a relatively cheap option, it might be worth a shot.

James
Another option is to install the S2000 OEM aerial (not cheap) or the aftermarket ones (fairly cheap) although I’m not sure how it blends into a red NSX.
For dark body colour, it looked fine.

One example here; http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/entry.php?571-Preparation-01

Kaz

Sudesh
14-04-2012, 10:40 PM

SS

Plug the hole and install a hidden antenna, save your NSX from looking like a radio controlled car lol

TheSebringOne
14-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Agreed, I did mine not long after getting my car.

I Prefer to listen to that glorious VTEC V6 than the radio!

nobby
15-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Radio in this country sucks music wise anyway ... so imho your missing nothing anyways ;)